Thursday, October 17, 2002

Enemies of the state

Anyone who knows the Nitpicker knows that he has served in two branches of the military; has gotten teary-eyed on hearing the National Anthem since he was a boy; and watches Mr. Smith Goes to Washington at least every fiscal quarter. In short, I'm a liberal, but I'm about as threatening as Nerf ball.

And yet I'm still a little disappointed to have been excluded from the Free Republic's Anti-American Subversives List. I mean, by the standards they've apparently set -- disagreeing with the president in any way (Pat Buchanan and Chuck D are on the list) and being able to spell Jesse correctly -- I should be in like Flynn.

I'm no enemy of the state, but I would consider it a badge of honor if idiots like this would call me one.


Post a Comment

<< Home