Friday, October 18, 2002

Great lines

I worry that people will expect this sort of thing all the time, but what can I do? I want to point out some of the good lines I've read across the web today in places that may or may not have anything to do with politics.

"(Nick Cook's) a careful investigative reporter, but once you start talking about UFOs and Nazi antigravity you're not far from hidden tunnels under the White House full of lizard-men disguised as Freemasons." - Adam Rogers writing in Slate about NASA's 'gravity modification' experiments.

"As soon as she watches it, the halfway plausible world in which the film opens -- a dreary, rain-soaked Seattle that looks like it might be David Lynch's screen-saver -- starts to melt and drip like one of Salvador Dalí's pocket watches." - Andrew O'Hehir in his review of The Ring in Salon. (I don't like the Dalí part so much as the Lynch part.)


Post a Comment

<< Home