Thursday, November 14, 2002

How this all works

Today, thousands of unemployed workers sent their thanks to George W. Bush for his handling of the economy. "Before, I was really pissed that I lost my job and couldn't afford to pay for my son's braces," said Fred Carlson, a recently laid off Sprint employee, "but once the president explained that, by making less money I'm not making as much less money as I would've if I were making more money, I felt a lot better about it. Thank you, Mr. President."

Sound stupid? Well, there's a reason his daddy called it "voodoo economics."

Also, I don't know about you, but I'm getting myself a tinfoil hat.

Also, a heartfelt, honest-to-goodness (tinfoil) "hats off" to Dubya and Colin Powell for taking on people whose hearts seemed to truly be "full of hate."


Post a Comment

<< Home