Friday, November 29, 2002

I'm much too old for this

However, I still love to make mix CDs for people and, I think, making a good one is darn fun. I made over a dozen for my girlfriend before we really even got serious. Do you care? Probably not. Does this derail the serious discussion usually presented here? Probably (but if Julia over at Sisyphus Shrugged can jump into a debate about whether or not Harry Potter books are a series of pro-eugenics tracts, I think I'm allowed). Plus, I need a break.

Anyway, the Nitpicker would like to go on record right now with the following: My mix CD can kick your mix CD's ass.

I know. That's a bold challenge to toss into any group, but dropping it in front of a bunch of opinionated, tech-savvy blogocrats is like tossing a poodle into the pit with the dogs of Amores Perros. I defend the statement by listing the tracks of just one of the CDs I made for my girlfriend:

1. White Blood Cells, "Fell In Love With a Girl"

2. Death Cab for Cutie, "Song for Kelly Huckaby"

3. Coldplay, "Don't Panic"

4. Rainer Maria, "I Love You Too"

5. Frente, "Not Given Lightly"

6. K.D. Lang, "So In Love"

7. The Church, "Under the Milky Way"

8. Pedro the Lion, "Bad Diary Days"

9. Cake, "Stickshifts and Safetybelts"

10. Tesla, "Love Song" (I know, I know)

11. Pixies, "La La Love You"

12. John Lennon and the Plastic Ono Band, "Instant Karma!"

13. Robert Earl Keen, "Lonely Feeling"

14. Semisonic, "Secret Smile"

15. Pete Droge, "Beautiful Girl"

16. Tripping Daisy, "Human Contact"

17. Jim Carroll, "People Who Have Died" (I don't know)

18. Nick Drake, "Fly"

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!


Post a Comment

<< Home