Monday, November 25, 2002

Kicking ass and naming names

The ever-impressive Mr. Capozzola of The Rittenhouse Review has returned (after a blessedly brief hiatus) and delivers this excellent essay on what the New York Times calls "Alpha Girls," but people schooled in the 1980s would call "Heathers." These aren't the girls who wouldn't date you in high school and picked on you for having acne, though. The Review "outs" the queen bees of the media set and shows how they pick on class nerd Al Gore.

Pray for us.

Also, as far as I know Matt Drudge (who, remember, The Atlantic Monthly says the blogosphere is above) was the first to dig up this embarrassing golden oldie penned by then-Senator, now-Commandant of the Thought Police, John Ashcroft.

(By the way, I would have been writing copiously today, but I've been busily writing letters to all of these no-show columnists -- who are just now saying, "Wow! There's some really crappy stuff in that Homeland Security Bill!" -- pointing out that they're a day late and a dollar short. It's just frickin' pitiful, people. These are the same bastards who whined about a non-issue election, but won't cover the issues until the legislative bus has already passed them by. I know I'm tilting at windmills even attempting to knock sense into these late-comers, but, with the medication I've been taking to fight off this gnawing post-election depression, I'd be tilting anyway, if you know what I mean. [Note to the Kansas Army National Guard: That was a joke, people. Perhaps I should point out again that these views are my own and no way reflect the position of the KSARNG, the Department of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld or the little devil that sits on Richard Perle's shoulder.])

Also, if you think "Total Information Awareness" is the worst of the Homeland Security debacle, read just one of Dwight Meredith's recent postings on how legislators just let Eli Lilly off the hook.


Post a Comment

<< Home