Wednesday, February 12, 2003

Meet Tom Delay

Who, apparently, was the inspiration for the character of "Otto," in A Fish Called Wanda:

"I was at a celebration of India's Independence Day," he told reporters, "and a Frenchman came walking up to me and started talking to me about Iraq, and it was obvious we were not going to agree. And I said, 'Wait a minute. Do you speak German?' And he looked at me kind of funny and said, 'No, I don't speak German.' And I said, 'You're welcome,' turned around and walked off." From The Washington Post.

Doesn't this sound an awful lot like Otto's "If it wasn't for us you'd all be speaking German" bit?

He's an awfully classy guy, that Otto -- I mean, Tom Delay.


Anonymous Outdoor Creative Agency said...

One of the finest of write-ups there is on the internet today. Kudos to the author for being so well informed. I must give it to their presence of mind and the selection of words. This couldn’t have been written in a much beautiful way. Keep it up. Good on you.

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home