Wednesday, July 09, 2003

Snarky Clark

Wesley Clark said this about Bush's "Manly Man" landing on the USS Abraham Lincoln:

The world expects something more of an American president than to prance around on a flight deck dressed up like [a] pilot. He’s expected to be a leader. That’s my fundamental issue with it. It doesn’t reflect the gravitas of the office. Furthermore, it’s a little phony.

Nice. Wouldn't you love to see him debate Bush and mention this? Then, when Bush responded that he wasn't "dressed up like a pilot" but was a pilot, Clark could say, "Excuse me, Mr. President, but, as of August 1, 1972, you're not."

He could even add, "I think that was right about the time I was recovering from my fourth bullet wound in Vietnam."

(By the way, Esquire now has their Wesley Clark story online.)


Post a Comment

<< Home