Monday, November 17, 2003

Kerry Rejects Public Funds -Decides to Personally Subsidize His Campaign

Senator Kerry blames Dean for changing the rules of the race when he opted out of public financing and says of his following suit, "…I'm not going to fight with one hand tied behind my back. I don't believe in unilateral disarmament."

Say what you will of Howard Dean (personally, what I'd say is that of the eligible candidates, I'd place him only above Bush) but he has at least worked hard to gain support of voters and that support as well as his financing, is a grass roots effort for which he should be applauded. To Kerry, I'd say check with Steve Forbes and Mark Dayton, each of whom poured personal millions into their own campaign efforts. Ask them how that strategy worked out for them.


Post a Comment

<< Home