Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Return to Reality

I'm not known for my high opinion of the average american electorate. I believe most eligible voters fall into one of three categories: 1) ignorant, 2) lazy or 3) both -ignorant and lazy. This perception is only one of many reasons I shall not be running for elective office. My experience while handing out campaign literature upon my return to civilization(?) Monday evening has not caused me to reassess my position.

" say he's running as a Democrat?"

Yes, that's correct he's a Democratic candidate for President.

"Well then I don't need to know anything about him, I'm a Republican."


"It doesn't matter to us, I just got orders and we're going to Italy for 3 years".

(Yes, so why should we care who's President in our absence - those absentee ballots are such a pain)

Substitute politics for science ...

"For any man to abdicate an interest in science, is to walk with open eyes toward slavery."
Jacob Bronowski, Historian


Post a Comment

<< Home