Thursday, December 11, 2003

If only someone would've smacked Limbaugh around a bit...

World O'Crap reports that Bill O'Reilly doesn't have any sympathy for Whitney Houston, who was abused by her husband. Why? Because she uses drugs.

Nitpicker's reported before on O'Reilly's double standard for drug users, but this is the best example yet. In his mind, Whitney Houston is somehow fair game for physical abuse because she's an evil druggie, but when a loudmouthed conservative prick gets bad press for being a druggie, even reporting the facts is despicable. He even dragged up Jimmy (J.J.) Walker to defend him.

O'REILLY: In the "personal story" segment tonight, Rush Limbaugh returned to the radio today after a stint in drug rehab. Here's a short part of what he said.


RUSH LIMBAUGH, RADIO TALK SHOW HOST: There are people who are saying that I am a hypocrite as I was using drugs, yet I was telling people to lead a moral life and do the right thing. OK. If what I was saying to do was the right thing, about whatever subject, does the fact that I may not have been doing it myself mean that it's not right to do?


O'REILLY: All right. Joining us now from Las Vegas, comedian Jimmy J.J. Walker, who has been sticking up for Mr. Limbaugh. Wow. You know, I -- when I saw your name and that you're a Rush Limbaugh supporter, I was kind of surprised. How did you get to that place?

JIMMY WALKER, COMEDIAN ACTOR: Well, I think that a lot of people don't realize Rush is a guy that anybody, to me, who has any thinking ability or any common sense, realizes everything Rush says is not right or out to use a term, but he has a lot of good ideas. And he has affected policy in this country tremendously in the last two or three presidential elections.

As you know, his name is always brought up. And people always use him as a point of reference. Now with this little downfall, for just a little bump in the road, people are coming out like pariahs against Limbaugh. You see this in ESPN, where Rush was not even dealing with policy. He was more dealing with NFL and their affirmative action policy. And like dogs, they ran away from Rush Limbaugh.

O'REILLY: Oh, sure. I mean, you know, we're in the middle of a culture war here. So any of the opposition, you know, any conservatives, or even on the other side conservatives will get liberals. But are you a conservative, Mr. Walker? Are you a Republican?

WALKER: I think -- you know, I think I would be in the Limbaugh camp. If that's conservative, OK. I think of it as the right way to think...

O'REILLY: ...(T)he reason your point is well taken is because the elite media, which controls a lot of the communication flow and all of it before the Fox News channel came out, allows the smear merchants much more exposure than the other side.

Poor Rush.

Maybe next time we should be so mean. Instead of reporting things, maybe someone should just kick his ass. Tell him O'Reilly sent you.


Post a Comment

<< Home