Thursday, March 11, 2004

Who Are These Liars Anyway
Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry on Thursday rejected demands that he apologize for calling his critics in the Republican Party 'the most crooked, you know, lying group I've ever seen.'
There's little doubt that those responsible for the attack ads, are indeed, lying. However, there's also little doubt who Kerry was referring to with his comment. Okay, a show of hands ... How many people think Kerry was talking specifically about Bush and his administration? How many think he was referring to the Repugnican Attack Machine in general? Yeah, that's what I thought. So while he doesn't offer an apology, he does back-off and is somewhat dishonest himself in this response. How about, "I have no intention of apologizing, if the shoe fits... " or "I would be happy to apologize. When they stop lying to the American people, I'll offer them an apology"...or "Look, they can't have it both ways, either they're complete morons or they're liars. I believe they're liars, would they rather I believe they're morons?" He could have simply stated that he didn't think an apology was in order and would let the facts speak for themselves. But to intimate he wasn't referring to the Administration is complete b.s. (can I write that Michael?). It's certainly not as if he is alone in that opinion.

The Lie Factory


Post a Comment

<< Home