Sunday, May 16, 2004

Eat My Dust
"I thought we were having a race, where'd everybody go?"
Now Smarty Jones is chasing Seattle Slew and Affirmed in earnest.

The chestnut colt from Philadelphia romped through the second leg of the Triple Crown yesterday to win the 129th Preakness by a record margin and take aim at immortality.

If Smarty Jones can take the Belmont Stakes in three weeks, he will become thoroughbred horse racing's first Triple Crown winner since Affirmed in 1978 and the first to do it without a defeat since Seattle Slew in 1977.
If yesterday's run was any indication, this fella isn't 'chasing' any horse. Bet there's all sorts of brotherly love, extended to this hometown boy. Two down, one to go. I had the trifecta (too bad I didn't place a bet although I have the satisfaction fo beating the hubby who had Imperialism and Lion Heart in the 2nd and 3rd spots) - Rock Hard 10 is a mighty fine lookin' gent.


Post a Comment

<< Home