Monday, April 18, 2005

When It Rains ...

It was pouring last week (in terms of work and personal committments) and I was unable to post. Unfortunately, as I'm sure you've noticed, Terry also went missing. Don't worry. Nothing serious. He e-mailed last week and said he'd be unable to contribute for ~10 days or so. So, don't expect him back until later this week at the earliest. I'll keep you posted if I hear more. In the meantime ...

If you're at all like me, you pay little no attention to the Oxycontin King (and no, I'm not going to link to him), but at times Terry targets Rush with his rapier wit and I thought the man shouldn't be given a reprieve because of Terry's circumstances in Afghanistan - so, I thought I'd check in on the ego-driven, drug-addicted blatherskite. Damn -timing's everything and I'm about a week late in getting in on his latest bit of insanity as no doubt you already read about his bizarre blowjob rant and subsequent quasi apology. However, as blissful as I am in my normal ignorance of all things Rush, I did learn a couple things from my little exploratory exercise. Did you know, for instance, that you can't really get any information from his website (again, no link) - at least not for free ...

Is that unbelievable or what - I mean, it's one thing to wonder about people who listen to his tripe on the radio at no expense but $59.90? $6.95 a month? It's worse than we feared.

You can, however, find little nuggets (think cow chips) of his wisdom like this sans price protections:
"I'm sick and tired of people that are fearful of every damn thing. I'm sick and tired of phonies that live their lives only to get media coverage instead of being real."
Who knew? Of course we're all aware that Rush has trouble with his hearing but apparently his eyesight is going as well. Well, I have to go shower now but I'll be back later.


Post a Comment

<< Home