Thursday, September 29, 2005

Brian Nichols would have killed me

Back in April, Ann Coulter said there was a reason the murderer Brian Nichols hadn't killed Ashley Smith (the woman whose apartment he broke into), an escape hatch that wouldn't have been available to liberals like myself: The Lord.
At 2 a.m. one Saturday night, Ashley Smith went out for cigarettes while unpacking her new apartment, yet another victory for tobacco pleasure. Returning from the store, Smith was grabbed by a man at her front door, who put a gun in her side and told her not to scream. He asked if she knew who he was. When he removed his baseball cap, she saw it was Nichols, the dangerous fugitive all over television who had escaped custody during his rape trial and had killed four people in the previous 48 hours. (Although he also looked a lot like of one the guys on "American Idol.")

In Smith's apartment, Nichols bound Smith's feet and hands and put her in the bathtub. Later, at Smith's request, Nichols allowed her to hop from the bathroom into the bedroom, where she began talking to him.

In short order, Smith was reading aloud to Nichols from the Christian book "The Purpose Driven Life" – in direct violation of his constitutional right to never hear any reference to God, in public or private, for any purpose, ever, ever, ever! For more on this right, go to the "People for the American Way" website...

This trampling of our Constitution – I mean this conversation – lasted long into the night. They watched Nichols' shooting people on television. Nichols said he couldn't believe he was that man. In the morning, Smith made Nichols eggs and pancakes for breakfast. Then she walked out of the apartment to pick up her daughter and to call 911. The last thing Nichols said as Smith was leaving was to say hello to her daughter for him. When the police arrived, Nichols surrendered without incident, an utterly transformed human being.

Heaven help the average liberal if this ever happens to him! What would an urban secularist do? Come sit down and let me read to you from Michael Moore's "Stupid White Men." Or maybe he could put a SpongeBob video in the VCR. WE ARE FAM-I-LEEEEE! At least before he killed again, the dangerous fugitive would have warm feelings toward homosexuals...
As much as I hate to admit it, Ann's right. Smith did have a way out that wasn't available to me, but it wasn't Jesus. He's got a place in my house. My problem would have been that I don't keep crystal meth lying around.
Ashley Smith, the woman who says she persuaded suspected courthouse gunman Brian Nichols to release her by talking about her faith, discloses in a new book that she gave him methamphetamine during the hostage ordeal.

Smith did not share that detail with authorities at the time. But investigators said she came clean about the drugs when they interviewed her months later. They said they have no plans to charge her with drug possession.

In her book, "Unlikely Angel," released Tuesday, Smith says Nichols had her bound on her bed with masking tape and an extension cord. She says he asked for marijuana, but she did not have any, and she dug into her illegal stash of crystal meth instead. (Link via Roger Ailes.)
You have to give props to Smith for coming clean about this, especially when it makes people like Ann Coulter look stupid.

The article goes on, though, and has a happy ending.
Smith, a 27-year-old widowed mother who gained widespread praise for her level-headedness, says the seven-hour hostage ordeal in March led to the realization that she was a drug addict, and she says she has not used drugs since the night before she was taken captive.
You see what a great book The Purpose-Driven Life is? Why, with only that book and a seven-hour hostage ordeal it could get us all on the right path. Kudos to you too, Rick Warren. Keep flogging that book, Reverend.

14 Comments:

Blogger jpe said...

Best correction of a story ever.

6:51 AM  
Blogger WorldTrader said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:05 AM  
Blogger kalisekj said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:30 AM  
Blogger 8709 said...

Interesting blog you have here, I landed here on accident. I was searcing for something else and came across your site. I found it pretty interesting and entertaining. I got you book marked.

I will pop back in from time to time to see what you have new here.

My site is a bit different than yours, but just as entertaining and educational, I run a mens male enhancement reviews related site pertaining to mens male enhancement reviews related articles.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Webhitsxtreme said...

Just thought i would say hi from new zealand while im here. Doing some blog surfing and found your site. Im looking for some cool styles to help design my own blog. Theres some really amazing blogs about. if you have time check out my site you will find information on how to get Targeted Traffic to your web site or blog. Well when i get my blog running hope you come and check it out.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Julian Silvain said...

I skim a lot of blogs, and so far yours is in the Top 3 of my list of favorites. I'm going to dive in and try my hand at it, so wish me luck.

It'll be in a totally different area than yours (mine is about mens male enhancement reviews) I know, it sounds strange, but it's like anything, once you learn more about it, it's pretty cool. It's mostly about mens male enhancement reviews related articles and subjects.

6:57 PM  
Blogger cash at home said...

Hello, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a lead generation system site. It pretty much covers lead generation system related stuff. Check it out if you get time :-)

12:55 AM  
Blogger 7472 said...

Alot of interesting comments on this blog, I was searching for some doctor related info and some how cam across this site. I found it pretty cool, so I bookmarked. I'll really liked the second post on the front page, that got my attention.

My site is in a bit different area, but just as useful. I have a mens male enhancement reviews related site focusing on mens male enhancement reviews and mens health related topics.

3:16 AM  
Blogger TS said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I just wanted to post a comment on how well you have put your Blog together. I was doing a search for permanent hair removal product for man and came across your Blog. I personally run my own Blog for permanent hair removal product for man so I know a good Blog when I see one.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Smallman said...

Hey, I was searching blogs, and came onto yours, and I like it. I kinda landed here on accident while searching for something esle, but nice blog.. I got you bookmarked.

If you got time , go visit my site, it´s about scrapbooking storage. It pretty much covers scrapbooking storage and other similar topics available.

4:39 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

Wow, what a great site. I will bookmark this site and return often. It's nice to see sites like this.

Please visit my website and let me know what you think. Disney Tickets

5:22 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Hi there, Nice little blog you've got going on there. Keep it up! This might interest you if you're after some web site traffic The contents of this site will explode your web site traffic

5:24 AM  
Blogger lance said...

I would even go further to read a review on a male enhancement product review site to make sure you aren't getting ripped off. You never know these days beware of a scam -x4 extender scam

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home