Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Bush Translator

Today on ABC, Bush said
I hope people don't play politics at this time of a natural disaster the likes of which this country has never seen.
What he means:
I hope people don't point out that I cut funding for New Orleans' Army Corps of Engineers. I hope they don't question why I appointed an estate planning lawyer to head FEMA. I hope they don't notice that we have had four years to be prepared for exactly this type of event, but we aren't. I hope they don't ask how I could possibly have been goofing off, joking and playing mynew guitar instead of making the decisions and commands necessary to get troops into the area as soon as possible. I hope they don't ask why I'm not doing my job.
(Some links via Atrios.)

More: "Do not eat in public. Do not drink in public. It could cause a mob situation."


Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO was founded 4 years ago? Really? I'd thought it was one of the oldest cities in North America.

But I guess the Bush administration shredded those contingency plans on January 20, 2001. I guess that wasn't the best idea.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home