Thursday, September 15, 2005

A Modicum of Truth in Advertising

While other networks call it a Presidential Address, this from NBC:

Now, if it had only read Paid Political Advertising, it'd have been spot on.

Will the press once again be taken, this time with his faux acceptance of responsibility.

More false claims that things could not have been foreseen, could not have been prevented. When will the emphasis be placed correctly -whether it's a warning of an attack via PDB or scientific evidence of the effects of global warming on tropical storm activity or dire predictions of Katrina effects in the days before hitting landfall in New Orleans - things can't be prevented if no one is paying attention.

This moron and his cadre of incompetents don't do data - it's not that the devastation is not preventable or a least mitigable it's that it can't be prevented or mitigated by them.

More later on my absence (though I see Terry's been on a roll so I will not have been missed) - as the Brits would say, I've been in hospital.

4 Comments:

Blogger Elayne said...

Oh dear, sorry to hear it CJ, hope you're better now!

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Kevin Hayden said...

Likewise. I hope you were fixed (and not in the veterinarian sense).

11:46 PM  
Blogger Nitpicker said...

Oy. I'm a bad friend for not having asked.

Hope you're well.

6:18 AM  
Blogger jiri said...

Hi, I was searching blogs, and came onto yours fantastic blog.

I have a niche site. It pretty much covers how make money with niche marketing.

Keep it up. I'll check back later im sure.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home