Sunday, November 13, 2005

My new favorite idiot

Finding Christopher Flickinger in this DailyKos post was a gift from heaven. The only problem was he seemed to good to be true. He couldn't really be this dumb, could he? This had to be a parody, right? I mean, look at this picture:


















It had to be satire, I thought. The guy calls himself "The Dean" of his "organization," the Network of College Conservatives. A fucking riot, this guy. Right? Right?

Nope. He's for real and he's just as stupid as a bedpost, God bless him.

I was writing a long commentary here, making fun of my new friend Flicker, but, honestly, it just seems pointless. The man is a self-parodying dolt. He makes no logical points and is racist to boot. The best way to mock him is just to link to his crap and let you read it yourself. Enjoy.

Update: I do want to point out a couple of things though. I hold no brief for Ward Churchhill, but I think saying that he's "taking a disappointing report card back to his tepee" seems blatantly racist. Call me crazy. And don't miss the double-barreled shots of stupidity and racism when Flicker says Churchhill should change his name to "Dr. Looka-lika Hippie" or “Professor Smoke Rise From Tepee But No One Home."

You should also note Chris's defenses of "intelligent design." Pay particular attention to the column in which he argues intelligent design "doesn't depend upon the existence of a God," even though he was referring to it two weeks earlier as "creationism." You should especially read this column, because it's truly one of the most nonsensical, non sequitir-filled pieces of writing I've read in a long, long time. Even the idiots at Human Events should be embarrassed.

9 Comments:

Blogger R2K said...

Nice suit lol...

11:22 AM  
Blogger Rocky Smith said...

Those comments did seem racist to me. He should appologize right after the leftists appologize for calling Maryland LT. Governor (and U.S. Senate candidate) Michael Steele an "Uncle Tom" and throwing Oreos at him. Far right wingers have no monopoly on racism or bad behavior.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Nitpicker said...

Just so you know, there are plenty of people on my side of the aisle who have bitched about calling Steele that and, um, the Oreo thing has been a lie all along. We on the left are quite ready to complain about other lefties. Where do you think the term "circular firing squad" came from? We don't work the way Republicans do, which seems to be some sort of a highly evolved hive mind. Good luck with that.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Rocky Smith said...

"Hive mind"? I and many other Republicans disagree with the President on several things. I believe the President has done little to nothing to restrain Federal spending and next to nothing to secure our borders to name a couple. You can make assumptions about what I think if you like, but you'd be wrong in many cases.

I do aplaud you for not backing those who would attack Mr. Steele based on race. Arguing with his positions is reasonable and expected. Calling him an "Uncle Tom" and a "House Nigger" is beyond the pale. Racists aren't all white conservatives. There are plenty of those, but I don't back them any more than you do the attackers of Mr. Steele.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Nitpicker said...

Good.

Can we also agree that Flickinger has awful hair?

12:56 PM  
Blogger Rocky Smith said...

Yes, but bad hair trumps no hair.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Nitpicker said...

Ouch. You hit me with my own personal Kryptonite. Nitpicker is down and it is bad!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Rocky Smith said...

I didn't realize you had thinning hair. It wasn't intended as a shot at you. I was just attempting humor. Flicklinger's looks a bit like a helmet. Surely you look better than that.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Nitpicker said...

I know. I was just being a smartass.

That, if you haven't realized it yet, is my thing: Serious smartassery.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home