Friday, November 11, 2005

What the fuck did I tell you?

Bush today:
Some Democrats and anti-war critics are now claiming we manipulated the intelligence and misled the American people about why we went to war. These critics are fully aware that a bipartisan Senate investigation found no evidence of political pressure to change the intelligence community's judgment related to Iraq's weapons programs."
Um, didn't Ari Fleischer say we were going to war because "finding no evidence" isn't the same as proving that evidence doesn't exist? Isn't the president "fully aware" that the CIA's internal investigation, as I mentioned earlier, found that there was political pressure? Doesn't the president understand that we already know that the administration misled the American public and that, while the Senate investigation "found no evidence of political pressure" it didn't clear the Bushies of manipulating the way they fed Congress and the American people that evidence once they'd received it?

2 Comments:

Blogger NotApp said...

Hi, I don't know if you have your own website as well as a blog, but if you do, perhaps you'd like to swap links with my site ... Although my own interest is information on real estate in Boca Raton, FL, I have some pages at my own BocaSite which are dedicated to link swapping (but with websites, and not with blogs). If this is at all interesting to you, please contact me through the site and we'll try to work something out. Anyway, glad I stumbled across your blog ... interesting read.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Terry,

You write "Isn't the president fully aware"?

The answer is, Sadly, No! [tm]

(Yes, it is a cheap shot. And, no, I couldn't resist.)

*I*, however, am fully aware that this is Veteran's Day, and that you, sir, are a Veteran. Please accept the heartfelt thanks from this Citizen for your continuing service to our nation.

Very Best Wishes,
Jim

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home