I wanted to do a more lengthy post about just how stupid Bartlett thinks his readers are, but I keep getting too pissed. So I'll just leave you with a few points.
- There's a reason that many left the Democratic Party for the Dixiecrat Party in the 1960s and, later, ended up in the Republican Party.
- There's a reason that modern Republicans continue to harp on the same "states' rights" argument that the Dixiecrats spoke of whenever they wanted to roll back civil rights.
- There's a reason that Ronald Reagan gave his "states' rights" speech as his first campaign speech in Philadelphia, Mississippi, the site of the murder of three civil rights' workers.
- There's a reason a Republican Governor got elected by promising a referendum to put an homage to the Confederate Flag back in his state flag.
- There's a reason that Southern Partisan magazine called itself the "fastest growing conservative magazine in America" and, while calling Lincoln a traitor, interviewed only Republicans like John Ashcroft.