Friday, June 30, 2006

Memories of Bernie

Bernie Kerik has admitted being a corrupt asshole.
Bernard B. Kerik, the former New York City police commissioner, pleaded guilty today to two misdemeanor charges as the result of accepting tens of thousands of dollars of gifts and a loan while a city official in the late 1990's.

The former New York City police commissioner entered the pleas in a Bronx courtroom and was sentenced to a total of $221,000 in fines.

He entered the pleas in a Bronx courtroom and was sentenced to a total of $221,000 in fines. He was accompanied by three lawyers and three supporters for the proceeding, which lasted about 10 minutes.
Shall we recall Sean Hannity's take on this issue? He used to think it was that darn media smearing the guy.
KERIK: Well, I think that was his message, you know? And also Andy Card told me earlier. He said, "you know, I will tell you I think the president is going to support you either way. If you want to go through with this or if you want to withdraw, you know, it's going to be up to you. But I think the president will be there for you."

HANNITY: I assume you thought that would be the end of the negative press, and then it became a whirlwind.

KERIK: Well, you know, Sean, under normal circumstances, I guess I would have. But Andy Card made a statement to me before I hung up with him that night. He said, you know, "There's a lot of people out there. He says, you know, people will come out from under rocks.”

HANNITY: And they did.

KERIK: Or something to that effect. Maybe not those same words. But I kind of — you know, I was pretty distraught, and I was upset and I was — you know I was sort of out of it at the time. And I guess I wasn't paying attention.

HANNITY: Yes.

KERIK: But I paid attention when there were about 150 reporters on the end of my driveway.

HANNITY: They went after your personal life. They went after your work as commissioner. They even accused you at one point of, quote, "organized crime," which you spent your whole life fighting crime.

I mean that's got to hurt, every tabloid, front pages, New York, people knew you as a hero with 9/11. How hard was that?

KERIK: It was difficult. One of the things that bothered me the most was the organized crime stuff. You know the Daily News ran a headline story that I was connected to organized crime. I know today what I didn't know then, was that that reporter knew the story was false. So the reporter knew all of this when me wrote the story. That stuff is hurtful.
Awwww...

Poor Bernie.

Poor Sean.

But what did other assholes have to say?
The two-faced nature of Democrats has come through again. Senate Dems, especially Florida's own Bill Nelson (who will be defeated in 2006 by Jeb Bush), have taken a sick pleasure in this development. We're talking about the man who will run an agency that is dedicated to our republic's preservation, yet these sickos see nothing but political opportunity. And they wonder why they keep losing elections?

By the way, the hypocritical nature of it comes into play when you consider that both of New York's Senators, Hillary Clinton and Chuckie Schumer (noth Democrats), gave glowing endorsements of Kerik. Those outside of NY have been the vocal critics, thus undermining the credibility of those two...especially telling, since Shrillary likely plans on running for President in '08.
Ha! "Shrillary." Good one, Dumbass.

6 Comments:

Blogger Philip said...

Well, on the other hand, maybe turning DHS into his own patronage machine would have been only a marginal step down from Chertoff.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Craig C said...

As far as I am concerned "Shrillary" is part of the problem. Democrats aren't immune from sucking up to the Corporatocracy.

Schumers "good ole boys in the Senate" routine with Paul Hackett was bullshit. And Hillary has been sitting on the fence for far too long.

1:27 PM  
Blogger ctblogger said...

Poor Judith.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Truth4AChange said...

Outstanding post -- one I only found via dKos! Where the fuck have I been? Oh well, at least I know now -- next time I feel like I can face the html deatheaters at blogger, I'll try to remember to link (hairytruth.blogspot.com).

kudos!

7:35 PM  
Blogger phinky said...

He's baaack!!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Stogie said...

What a pathetic blog. It's tough being a leftwing, America-hating Moonbat, isn't it? No reads your stupid blog.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home