Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Who can you trust? Not Bill O'Reilly

Today:
So here's the question of the hour: Who is really looking out for you, the very secret Bush administration or the anti-Bush media?

[snip]

In the end it comes down to this: I believe there will be more blood in American streets if the government eases up on aggressively pursuing the terror killers. But the anti-Bush media doesn't believe that, and some are putting forth that the president's policies are the primary threat to this country, not the killers themselves.

I think that's downright dangerous. I'll also tell you a secret: Fighting a two-front war on terror, with the second front being the media controversy here at home, has weakened the USA substantially.
O'Reilly, March 18, 2003:
And I said on my program, if -- if -- the Americans go in and overthrow Saddam Hussein and it's clean, he has nothing, I will apologize to the nation, and I will not trust the Bush administration again.
O'Reilly, February 2004:
"I was wrong. I am not pleased about it at all and I think all Americans should be concerned about this," O'Reilly said he was "much more skeptical about the Bush administration now".
O'Reilly, one day later.
O'Reilly was back on more familiar turf, telling his Fox audience that the controversy was cooked up by the "left-wing press" who "used my words to hammer the president." The liberal media, he reminded his audience, "has made dozens of mistakes itself and continues to deny that the world is a better place because Saddam is gone." This from a guy who promises his show is a "no spin zone."

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Huber said...

That guy has kidney stones between his ears.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Actually, I feel a little bad saying this, but I hope those kidney stones are tumors.

(Let me now cancel that horrible comment out with a picture of a cute kitty cat yawning... http://www.kittykitty.com/cat-photos/cat-bengal.jpg)

Okay, so we're cool then?

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home