Thursday, August 24, 2006

Glenn Reynolds just makes shit up

Instapundit sez:
I don't recall Bush ever saying that Iraq would be a "day at the beach," and in fact casualties to date are considerably lower than what was generally expected for the ground war to Baghdad, where you generally heard figures in the 10,000 range.
Where, exactly, did Glenn "hear" these imaginary figures? As far as I can tell, the only person to even attempt an estimate was Michael O'Hanlon of the Brookings Institution (full PDF) and he predicted
In rough terms, U.S.-led forces might suffer 100 to 5,000 forces killed in action in such a future war. The lower half of that range is perhaps the most plausible.
Glenn's statement reminds me of a scene from Family Guy:
Peter: I'll handle it, Lois. I read a book about this sort of thing once.

Brian: Are you sure it was a book? Are you sure it wasn't...nothing?

Peter: Oh yeah.

Update: It's an epidemic of bullshit.


Post a Comment

<< Home