Monday, November 13, 2006

Funnier than a Simpsons episode...

...is Floppy Aces' review of a Simpsons episode.
Gotta tell ya, the Simpsons doing this kind of episode on Veterans Day just makes me sick. While I love South Park and the fact that they will poke fun at every side, there is a time and a place. Something the Simpsons never learned I suppose. The day that we honor all the soldiers who have died for this country is not the day to air an episode in which they degenerate our heroes.
Hey, um, Floppy? The "Simpsons" will never learn anything. They are cartoon characters.

Also: "Degenerate"? I do not think that word means what you think it means.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

"The day that we honor all the soldiers who have died for this country."

Actually, that's Memorial Day. Nov. 11 is Veteran's Day. It is the day when we tell those who have served in our armed forces that we appreciate their efforts on our collective behalf.

Terry, please accept my belated thanks for your service (past, present, and future) to our nation.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Nitpicker said...

Thank you, Jim.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Moopaw said...

Okay so I want to split a hair here: the day we honor those who died in war is Memorial Day (May), the day we honor those who have served is Veterans Day (Nov). I wonder if knowing that will change this rant?

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home