Friday, December 15, 2006

A look at the right's intelligence dipstick

There are some who will see this New York Sun essay as one of the signs of the apocalypse--it's perhaps the most poorly written, terribly reasoned piece of Free-Republic-comment-cribbing I have ever witnessed in print and that's saying something. On the other hand, I have to see this editorial as a good sign for the country. This tells me that only the very stupidest of Americans can be dredged up to write this sort of stuff these days. Read:
My name, Alicia, means truth, so here it is. We are at war. Our military is the best in the world and the smartest we've ever had. Our enemies are barbaric beheaders who want us dead — period. You cannot negotiate with them. They exist on mendacity.

You have been warned.
Oh my. This is what you get when a movement appeals to fear and stupidity for too long. Most people--smart people--eventually get over their fear. Then you're left with only the stupid.

Josh Marshall's take, "News Flash: New York Sun opens its ed pages to 3rd graders." *Snort*

2 Comments:

Anonymous talboito said...

I actually thought it was satire for several paragraphs.

I was wrong.

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She should have said, "My name, Colon, means asspipe, the vessel through which fesces exits the body."

5:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home