Monday, December 11, 2006

The mock Mallard contest

And a go-to joke goes down in flames...

Click image for larger version.

I'm no bit writer, so feel free to write your own, using this handy-dandy fill-in-the-blank version, or simply put your suggestion for a punchline in the comments.

Whoever recommends the best punchline, as chosen by Nitpicker, will receive a copy of Bloom County Babylon a reminder that comic strips with a political attitude can still be funny. Deadline will be Saturday, noon Central time.


Blogger Jim said...

"Did you think he could write this strip while sober?"

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Dave In Texas said...

"I wonder if Gary Trudeau needs a duck?"


"This explains why he found Ann Coulter hot."

9:14 AM  
Blogger Norbizness said...

I already have the prize book, so I might not be as funny:

"You think [hic] you're so big but you're just [burp] a liberal pantywaste.. er.. pantywaist and screw you! [passes out]"

10:30 AM  
Anonymous TheYellowElephantBrigade said...

Mallard Fillmore is the reason I made my own comic.

Though Prickly City helped.

Tomorrow, a tribute to Tinsley on the D True Indiana Channel!

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Nimrod Gently said...

I think Gipper'd go into shock, really. It'd probably trigger some kind of atavistic panic response:

11:33 AM  
Anonymous DUDACKATTACK!!! said...

"Well, there goes all my Ted Kennedy material. I guess that means I'm out of work."

2:24 PM  
Blogger Josh Rosenau said...

"What do you think you're looking at, sugar tits?"

Other good options include:

"F-ing Canadian geese. The Canada geese are responsible for all the wars in the world."

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He had just heard "Apocalypto" was number one in it's opening weekend.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Dji said...

"Damn those liberals!"

8:51 PM  
Blogger Wally said...

"What do those liberal cops have against a Real American emulating his Leader?"

10:15 PM  
Blogger yellojkt said...

"What? You've never heard of pickled duck?"

4:44 AM  
Anonymous Wendell said...

As a C-list comics-blogger and several-time winner of caption writing contests, this was a challenge I had to accept. My entries are here:

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Roger Ailes said...

"If I HOLD the newspaper THIS WAY .... I can't see the story about Bruce Tinsley's drunk driving. *See Mary Katherine Ham's expose of the MSM's Liberal Bias in story placement.... at"

7:51 AM  
Anonymous R. Porrofatto said...

Now that's funny!


The schmuck's gonna milk this for at least a month.


Drunk or sober, I'm still one incredibly lame duck.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Jon Stewart said...

"I forgot to tell a joke!"

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Bob Carroll said...

how about, "I'm not a drunk, I'm only drawn that way."

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Brian Andrew Marek said...

I have a bad, bad feeling that karma will have some up-and-coming young comic illustrator commenting on this incident for the next 37 years.

5:52 PM  
Anonymous wendell said...

Or 37 comics illustrators for one year each.

7:35 PM  
Anonymous crf said...

Damn! This just had to happen the day before his interview for the Prince William and Harry chauffeur job.

11:30 PM  
Blogger zencomix said...


9:24 AM  
Blogger zencomix said...

How many "D"s are there in ChappaquidDuck?

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"He's always had a thing for Cold Duck."

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Kip W said...

Considering where the speech balloon is pointing, I think just a fart noise in the middle of the balloon should do it.

When the true believers look at it, they'll see it as saying, "As you and I both know, liberals are full of shit!" anyway, since that's the unspoken punch line of every strip.

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Well, at least they didn't find a 'slightly used' cigar in his vehicle..."


7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home