Monday, December 18, 2006

Progress is slow

George W. Bush, Oct. 25, 2006:
Most people out there – I agree with you – those who say we shouldn't have been there, they're clear. A lot of people – one time I – well, a lot of people are just saying, you're not doing enough to win. We're not winning, you're not doing enough to win, and I'm frustrated, I want it over with, with victory. And I'm trying to figure out a matrix that says things are getting better.
George W. Bush, December 15, 2006:
I think it's been a very difficult year in Iraq – for our troops, for the families of the troops, for the Iraqi people. And it's been difficult for the American people, because success in Iraq has been slower coming than any of us would like. And so the task at hand now is to come up with a new way forward. I think most Americans fully understand the importance of success; they're wondering whether we have a plan to succeed. It's my job to listen to a lot of opinions and come up with a strategy that says we have a plan.
What a difference one month, twenty days and an election make.

(h/t Dan Froomkin)

1 Comments:

Blogger Ynot said...

Hear hear!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home