Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Decisions, decisions

Should I watch the Worst President Ever give the Least Suprising Speech Ever or should I watch my new DVD of Idiocracy?

The more pressing question, of course, is whether I would be able to tell the difference.



Preview of the speech:
BUSH: Now I understand everyone's shit's emotional right now, but listen up. I got a three point plan to fix everything. Number one: We got this guy, General Petraeus. Number two: He's got a higher I.Q. than any man alive. Number three: He's gonna fix everything. I give you my word as President.
Or:

(Image courtesy of Kos.)

Update: Well, the movie's great.

Seems like Bush's speech didn't go over well, though. I'm told Brit Hume responded with something like, "I guess we're past the point now were it matters whether it's a very eloquent speech, or very well written..." Anyone have the exact quote?

Update:Assrocket gets all weepy.
In the past, I've often said that President Bush has been more effective in televised speeches than he has been given credit for. Not tonight. I thought he came across as stiff, nervous, and anxious to get it over with. The importance of the issue seemed to overwhelm the President's ability to communicate. I suspect that only a few listeners absorbed more than a general impression of what the new strategy is all about.
*Sniff*

4 Comments:

Blogger Jim said...

So, how was "Idiocracy"? The blurb & customer reviews make it sound similar (in premise) to Cyril Kornbluth's classic SF story "The Marching Morons". Is it worth a rent?

PS -- did you catch Olberman's pre-speech take on Bush's speech?

9:59 PM  
Blogger Nitpicker said...

The movie was very funny, though some of the characters can be grating, which, of course, is the point.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Nitpicker said...

Here's Olbermann's pre-speech prep.

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Kevin Hayden said...

Perfect YouTube choice. Satire is the new reality, minus the actual corpses.

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home