Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Instapundit calls Ronald Reagan a traitor!

Well, at least, that's the obvious, logical extrapolation of arguing we've been at war with Iran since 1979. I pointed out over three years ago (when Oliver North of all people, made a similar claim) that any argument that says we were at war with Iran during the Iran-Contra era implies the actions of the Reagan administration were treasonous, as they would have been actively lending "aid and comfort to the enemy."

Update: Scott Lemieux makes the same point (but, ahem after me).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Kevin Hayden said...

Dang, I made the same point to Campos by email BEFORE I read either of you.

So what's a good assassin name for Reynolds?

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Kevin Hayden said...

Enter the Name the Goon contest

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Snowwy said...

Slowpoke. I've been making that point for a decade now.

Oh! You mean in print! Well, harumph, then. Harumph!

Got turned on to you during your guest stint over at Greenwald's. Glad I finally tuned you in.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Nitpicker said...

Snowwy,

I completely agree with you that the cool kids were explaining the true nature of the Iran-Contra debacle long before I was, but I love that the right wingers claim Reagan was a hero despite giving weapons to people they say we've been fighting since 1979.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home