Dear conservative bloggers
Some of the words Limbaugh used include:
- Telling a black caller to "Take that bone out of your nose and call me back."
- At a time when we our country was looking for allies in the Muslim world, Limbaugh showed his civility by saying, "We had an attack in Weird-zakistan or whatever -- one of these Zakstan places. Uzbekistan, yes, whatever it is. They're all Weird-zakistan to me, but -- How many Zakistans are there over there? Seems like a new one pops up every day."
- When Strom Thurmond said a gay soldier was "not normal," Limbaugh said, "He's not encumbered by being politically correct.... If you want to know what America used to be--and a lot of people wish it still were--then you listen to Strom Thurmond."
- Like Ann Coulter, he ridiculed families of 9/11 victims, saying "Some of these families I think are auditioning for co-host of The Today Show."
- And, if words mean things, one must wonder how Limbaugh's statement that "(I)f people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up" fits in with his own admitted illegal use of Oxycontin.