Friday, June 01, 2007

John McCain held hostage by Bill O'Reilly?

So, here's part of the transcript from John McCain's appearance on The O'Reilly Factor:
BILL O‘REILLY, HOST: That would sink the Republican party, I believe, so we‘d have a one-party system, and change, pardon the pun, the whole complexion of America. Am I wrong?

SEN. JOHN MCCAIN (R-AZ), PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: No, you‘re right.
And Bill-O went on to say that the members so-called "far left" which supports more immigration "want to breakdown the white, Christian, male power structure of which you are a part, and so am I." John McCain just nodded.

Now, when I heard about this, I thought this would be the "Macaca" moment for McCain. After all, for a Presidential candidate to smile and nod and agree with the implication that Republicans have to fight to preserve the "white, Christian, male power structure" or "we'd have a one-party system" seems pretty damn shocking to me. The traditional media, however, have pretty much ignored the moment and Newsweek's Howard Fineman knows why they're right to do so:
If you play that segment again in slow motion, Alison, I think you‘ll see an exceedingly high blink rate on John McCain‘s part, and a sort of -- You noticed when he first was asked the question, he kind of shook his head no, as if, you know, I read McCain‘s secret language, and I know what he was saying in his mind, which is, I can‘t believe I have to do this.
In other words, John McCain isn't a blatant, crazy racist, but he does have to kiss blatantly crazy, racist ass in order to win the Republican nomination. Luckily for McCain, his base--the media--understand the secret message he blinks to them from every interview, just like Jeremiah Denton did when forced to spend time with those he despised. That message?
I-A-M-S-T-I-L-L-A-M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home