Thursday, May 08, 2008

Malkin's selective outrage

Michelle Malkin tosses out another corker with her particular brand of racist flair:
Time for another installment of Stuff Muslims Don’t Like.

#2: Due process for wives.

In Malaysia, Islamic Sharia law allows men to divorce their wives with a triple talaq text message.

Coming to the US?

Well, here’s a small dose of sanity–surprising, I know–from Maryland’s Supreme Court, which refused to recognize Islamic divorce. Yes, you can resist sharia creep...
I'm not sure that Sharia actually dealt with the validity of text messages, being hundreds of years old and all. I do find it odd that, despite her clear suggestion that she supports due process for wives, I have yet to see her denunciation of her heroine Phyllis Schlafly, who argued that a husband can't be said to have committed rape against his wife. "By getting married, the woman has consented to sex, and I don't think you can call it rape," she said.


Post a Comment

<< Home