Sunday, August 24, 2008

John McCain: Golddigger

McCain has now tried to deflect the argument that his rich lifestyle makes him out of touch by playing the POW card.
I am grateful for the fact that I have a wonderful life. I spent some years without a kitchen table, without a chair, and I know what it's like to be blessed by the opportunities of this great nation. Cindy's father, who barely finished high school, went off and distinguished himself in World War II in a B-17 and came back with practically nothing and realized the American dream, and I am proud and grateful for that, and I think he is a role model to many young Americans who serve in the military and come back and succeed.

So the fact is that we have homes, and I'm grateful for it. We spend our time primarily in Washington, D.C., where I have a condominium in Crystal City, [Va.]; here in this beautiful Sedona that I am blessed every moment that I can spend here; our condominium in Phoenix, Ariz.; and a place over in San Diego. The others are also for investment purposes.
Now there are many who say he's overplayed this card and it's losing some of its power. I would agree, but I think it's not hard to show that his responses just keep getting us back to the fact that McCain isn't rich because he's some especially savvy businessman. He's rich because he married a beauty queen heiress.

So, doesn't this response drive home that the man owes his lifestyle and his political career to the fact that he's a golddigger? After all, he financed his first campaign with loans from his wife's inheritance and he couldn't afford all those homes on a military retirement and a senator's salary. So John McCain should be thankful to Cindy McCain's father for his "wonderful life." He wasn't "blessed by the opportunities of this nation," he was blessed by meeting a rich woman who didn't mind committing adultery with him and then marrying him. Yeah, he did a brave thing a long time ago, but, by all accounts he was spoiled and selfish before that and he's not currently rich because he's some ideal of the American dream.

All in all, I'd frankly be disgusted if my sons decided that marrying into another man's money was the way to live a "wonderful life."

Barack Obama, on the other hand, earned his way into the best schools in the nation by only his brains and hard work. He truly did start with practically nothing and realize the American dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home