Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Mark Kirk's falsehoods...For Dummies!

I got an email about this post, in which the author seemed clearly confused about my point, so I'll try to make this simple. Here are the two quotes which got Blumenthal and Kirk into trouble.
Blumenthal: We have learned something important since the days that I served in Vietnam...

Kirk: He is the only member of Congress to serve in Operation Iraqi Freedom...
Both men pointed out that they meant to say "during" instead of "in." Let's make those changes and apply the Truth Machine.
Blumenthal: We have learned something important since the days that I served during Vietnam...
The Truth Machine says: NOW TRUE!

Let's fire up the machine again.
Kirk: He is the only member of Congress to serve during Operation Iraqi Freedom...
The Truth Machine says: STILL BULLSHIT!

Simple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home