Sunday, July 11, 2010

Krauthammer still doesn't get the Google

Charles Krauthammer continues to write things that are simply not based on fact.
Notice, too, how Obama habitually refers to Cabinet members and other high government officials as "my" -- "my secretary of homeland security," "my national security team," "my ambassador." The more normal -- and respectful -- usage is to say "the," as in "the secretary of state." These are, after all, public officials sworn to serve the nation and the Constitution -- not just the man who appointed them.

It's a stylistic detail, but quite revealing of Obama's exalted view of himself.
Ummm...
Q: Mr. President, today you met with your Secretary of State. Do you want him to stick around to lead your efforts to revive the Middle East peace talks?

THE PRESIDENT: I'm proud of my Secretary of State, he's done a heck of a good job.

-George W. Bush, Nov. 10, 2004
And...
At every turn, Don has always been a wise and strong and steady influence. I thank him for taking this assignment. I'm proud to call him my secretary of commerce. I'm honored to call him my friend...

Along with my secretary of energy, Spence Abraham, Don will help me in pursuing a strategy of increased domestic production and energy independence.

-George W. Bush, Feb. 5, 2001
And...

And...

And...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Without taking your blog name in vain, but some commentators nitpick current Administration policies without recalling past practice.

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home